Grieving, Understanding, and Healing through Equine Facilitated Therapy
Riverwood Therapeutic Riding Center is pleased to partner with Donna Hampton, LPC to offer a series of workshops focusing on experiencing grief and loss at any life stage. Working with the Riverwood horses, participants will develop self-awareness, focus and communication essential to the healing process. Attending to grief and setting boundaries can be challenging; learning from the horses in a natural environment is an essential part of these workshops. This 3-part series will allow participants to journey through the process of grief and loss in the following workshops:
September 9, 2017: Reactions to Loss and Grief: Understanding and validating the process
October 14, 2017: Different experiences of grief: Developing strategies to help along the journey and engage support systems (Registration deadline extended to Thursday, October 12)
November 18, 2017: Experiencing grief and loss during the holidays and memorable occasions
- Workshops are open to all ages. Families, couples and individuals are all welcome. There will be age-appropriate activities for all participants – even for very young children. Participants can register for one workshop or are welcome to attend all three.
- An emergency medical form, photo release, liability form and basic health history form is required for each participant. Parents must sign for those under 18 years old.
- No riding is involved and participants do not need any horse experience. Workshops will be small group format.
- Boxed lunches can be ordered at an additional cost or participants can bring their own lunch. A lunch time will be built into the schedule.
- Each workshop will run from 9:30-12:30 with check-in beginning at 9:00 AM and the farm will be open until 1:00 PM.
Space is limited and registration for each session ends two weeks prior to the date of the workshop, however, the registration for Session 2 (Saturday, October 14) has been extended to Thursday, October 12! The cost per participant for all three sessions is $285.00. The cost per participant for an individual workshop is $95. Children under 10 years old are free with a paying adult. Cancellations will be refunded if the space can be filled off the waiting list. To qualify, cancellation notice must be given 5 or more days prior to the session.
Register online by selecting a session from the dropdown box below and clicking “add to cart.” If you would like to register for multiple sessions, simply add the first one to your cart, then click, “continue shopping” at the top right corner of the page and add another session to the cart. When you’re finished adding sessions to your cart you can “checkout” via credit or debit card. You will also need to complete this registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org to finalize your registration. If you prefer to register offline, you can print and mail your completed registration form and a check or cash payment for these workshops to Riverwood at 6825 Rolling View Drive, Tobaccoville, NC 27050. For questions regarding these workshops, or if cost is prohibitive, please contact Laura Pallavicini at 336-922-6426.
More about Donna – Donna Hampton, MS, LPCS, LPC, NCC, EMDR-Certified Therapist, worked for 18 years as a Counselor, Group Facilitator, and Director of Hospice & Palliative Care Center’s Grief Counseling Services. She established her own private practice in 2016 and continues to find immense meaning through her ongoing work with clients who have experienced grief, loss, and trauma. More information about Donna’s education and experience, counseling philosophy, and private practice is available at www.DonnaHamptonCounseling.com.